As part of our 11-part trend series, we take a deeper look at AI-powered CX and explore how businesses can implement this trend to enhance their customer experience.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has been making its presence felt in the world of customer experience management (CX) for several years, and this trend is set to continue in 2023. With advances in technology and increased investment in AI, businesses can now automate and personalise interactions with customers, delivering seamless and efficient CX.
AI-Powered CX: What is it?
AI-powered CX refers to the use of artificial intelligence in delivering customer service and support. This can take the form of chatbots, voice assistants, predictive analytics, and more. AI-powered CX can help businesses improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and increase revenue.
According to a recent study, AI-powered chatbots are expected to help businesses save over $8 billion per year by 2022. Additionally, 75% of consumers expect companies to use new technologies such as AI to create better experiences.
Advantages of AI-powered CX
There are several advantages of implementing AI-powered CX:
- Personalisation: AI-powered CX can personalise interactions with customers, delivering customised recommendations, and solutions.
- Cost-effective: AI-powered CX can automate repetitive tasks, freeing up customer service agents to focus on more complex customer inquiries.
- Scalability: AI-powered CX can scale to handle large volumes of customer inquiries, providing a seamless and efficient customer experience.
Disadvantages of AI-powered CX
Despite the advantages, there are some potential drawbacks of implementing AI-powered CX:
- Lack of human touch: AI-powered CX can lack the human touch that some customers prefer when interacting with businesses.
- Inaccurate responses: AI-powered CX relies on algorithms and machine learning, which may not always provide accurate responses to customer inquiries.
- Implementation costs: Implementing AI-powered CX can be expensive, and businesses must ensure they have the necessary resources and infrastructure in place to support it.
When considering AI powered CX for your organisation, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- Start small: Begin by identifying a few areas where AI-powered CX can be implemented and gradually expand its use over time.
- Monitor performance: Continuously monitor the performance of AI-powered CX to ensure that it is meeting customer expectations.
- Use VOC data: Voice of the Customer data can be used to train AI-powered CX systems, improving their accuracy and effectiveness.
According to a recent study, 80% of consumers are more likely to do business with a company that offers personalised experiences. By leveraging AI-powered CX, businesses can deliver personalised experiences that drive customer loyalty and satisfaction.
AI-powered CX is a powerful trend that can help businesses improve their customer experience, reduce costs, and increase revenue. While there are some potential drawbacks, these can be mitigated by starting small, monitoring performance, and using Voice of the Customer data to train AI-powered CX systems. By implementing AI-powered CX, businesses can stay ahead of the curve and deliver the seamless and efficient customer experience that customers expect.