Did you know that in the time it took you to read this sentence over 204 million emails had been sent around the world? It is a statistic that both corroborates and solidifies the notion that email has become the preferred channel of communication for people.
In the customer care sector in particular, email feedback has become a vital channel for gaining customer opinion and insight.
Email feedback is the channel of choice
Businesses are quickly realising the potential of email feedback to unlock any potential problems and communicate directly with their customers. What is most exciting about it is that:
- Email feedback allows for your staff to be informed of what’s happening in real-time.If a customer gives a negative rating via email, you can immediately act and resolve the problematic situation with the customer before it escalates.
- Email feedback allows for your business to use surveys in the right way.Everyone knows that surveys are the most useful mechanisms to gathering feedback, and email serves as the perfect platform for this.
- Email feedback starts a customer conversation.It shows that you are interested in what your customers have to say and you’re inviting them to be part of a bigger conversation.
Benefits of email feedback
Naturally, businesses want to see ROI on their investments – including an email feedback solution. So, what are the benefits?
- Email feedback is one of the most valuable methods of attaining candid information.Think about it logically: how many people are brave enough to send strongly worded emails to their service providers, but are unable to say the same thing in real life?
- Email feedback assures customers of a speedy response.If customers know they will receive a prompt response, they’re more likely to participate in a survey.
- Email feedback allows for an organised email feedback system.Results can be immediate and categorised for accurate analysis.
- Email feedback results in a higher and faster response rate.Over 90% of responses received via email surveys occur within the first 48 hours of distribution.
- Email feedback allows for personalisation.Instead of treating customers like they’re nameless entities or numbers in a queue, email allows for that personal touch that we all crave.
Take note of the channel
While email feedback might seem appealing to your business, it’s paramount that you analyse the channels of communication. If a customer is interacting with your business via their mobile phone, for example, an SMS or post-call IVR survey might be better suited to them.
Also, it’s important to establish what the business hopes to gain out of the email feedback. Instead of swinging blindly in the dark, ask yourself these questions:
- What are the goals of the survey?
- What specifically are you listening for?
- Who is your target audience?
- Will you react immediately if there is a red flag?
If you’d like to speak to us about what solution best suits your organisation, or to find out more about the powerful Eyerys email feedback solution, please contact us for further information.